Nancy B. Detweiler
"I declare what I have seen in the Father's presence, as for you, you should do what you have heard from the Father." (John 8:38)
"If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. This is the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in you." (John 14:15-17)
Jesus definitely expected his disciples to "do the works that I do and, in fact, ... greater works than these." (John 14:12) He did not instruct them to abide by man-made doctrines or to follow the dictates of the religious authorities. Instead, He sent them out into the world and expected no less of them than Himself ... heal the sick, raise the dead, feed them.
How do we discern truth from non-truth when we live in a world of good and evil? Study our Divine Self Illustration. (You can purchase copies of this Illustration at: http://www.tsl.org/)
As long as we focus our attention on the five senses and the physical plane, we are likely not to recognize what we consider to be the "unproven" as truth or to even be seeking higher truth. Once we embark on our awakened spiritual journey, we can learn to discern truth relating to higher planes of reality.
MEDITATION FOR TRUTH using the Divine Self Illustration. It is extremely helpful to write down this entire process in a journal.
1. Write down the question you want to ask of the Holy Spirit through your Higher Intuitive Mind.
2. Write down how you feel or what you believe at this moment regarding the situation/question. Be brief.
3. Close your eyes and focus your attention on your heart area ... visualize your heart area becoming a glorious sanctuary ... sit down in this sanctuary.
4. Visualize a table positioned beside you ... mentally place the question and your present feelings about it on the table. Then move your attention to the Purple Transmuting Flame seen surrounding you in the Divine Self Illustration. Ask this spiritual purple flame to remove all negativity from your energy field and transmute the negative energy into pure Love ..... note that it is God's grace enfolding you ... cleansing you................. Sit in the flame until you feel cleansed and peaceful.
5. Pray that all information about to be received is according to your Highest Good and the Highest Good of anyone else who may be involved.
6. Now, focus your attention on the channel of white light descending from God within you (the top figure) >>> into your Intuitive Mind (the middle figure) >>> down into the top of your physical head .............................. Sit in this channel of white light until you feel comfortable in it .... knowing that it is the Holy Spirit descending upon you.............................
7. Sitting in this light and focusing your attention on it, ask the question about which you desire to know truth or to receive guidance .............. RELAX AND LISTEN. The answer may come in the form of words popping into your head ... or a vision ... or a strong intuitive knowing. DO NOT CENSURE OR EVALUATE.
8. Immediately, open your eyes and write down what you heard ... saw ... or felt. If you wait to write down your impressions, they will become muddled with your physical plane thinking and feeling.
9. The more you practice this exercise, the easier it will become to meditate ... open your eyes and write down your experience ... then return to your meditation.
10. Remember this is not an intellectual exercise, so do not attempt to list the pros and cons of what you experience. Keep your focus within the light until you feel the exercise is complete or your attention is wandering elsewhere.
11. ALWAYS GIVE THANKS for the information or guidance received. Then open your eyes.
12. Now is the time to finish writing down your meditative experience and to integrate your intellectual and intuitive impressions. Some answers may not come immediately ... simply know that you have sought truth or guidance and YOU WILL RECEIVE IT! BE ALERT ... the answer can come in unexpected, synchronistic ways.
13. Individuals differ in their verification to truth ..... some feel chills ..... other feel a knowing that will not be eliminated .... others feel a great sense of peace or joy .........only you can determine how to interpret what you feel.
14. Practice and keeping a journal of your meditative experiences makes perfect. A major reason for writing down the information you receive is that you can go back and verify your accuracy. Finding that you are correctly hearing from Spirit gives you confidence in your ability to discern Truth.
15. LISTEN TO YOUR HUNCHES ... TO THE STILL, SMALL VOICE INSIDE YOU ... FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR INTUITIVE GUIDANCE. No one promises that it will always make intellectual or practical sense ... you have sought information from the world of Spirit where all is possible.
KNOCK ON THE DOOR OF YOUR HIGHER MIND and the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7)